Miss Guide You is asking all the right questions in life.
Hello Dear Readers,
I hope you are doing extremely well in your lives. If you remember my last post, it was Tripping with Miss Guide You, a happy bunch of people I recently had the pleasure of meeting and being on a trip with.
There are times when you meet someone, spend some time together and they then become your happy place, people I met on my last trip feel like that.
Today, out of the blue, we were asked about our Favorite Cup of Tea while traveling.
And I have been working on an assignment since morning and when I saw this on facebook, I took a very long break and started writing an elaborated story in the comment section while I was enjoying a large mug of tea, not a cup.
Here is my story-
“Well, I am a tea lover and winters are synonymous with numerous cups of tea. Every day, I consume about 5 to 6 cups of tea and it’s different every time, adrak wali chai, elaichi chai, masala chai, sirf chai, green tea, black tea, lemon tea, kashmiri kahwa and the list is endless. As I write this, I am on my 4th cup of tea of the day and right now I am having Tulsi Ginger Organic Tea But if you ask my favorite, it is “Tapri Wali Chai, Jo Sadak kinaare, college k gate k bahar milti hai aur uske saath mathri, chai piyo to 8rs, mathri lo to 10rs.”
Another of my favorite tea is Chaayos ki Gud Wali Chai.
While traveling I don’t remember which was the most favorite cup of tea, however, I remember having maximum stories and friendships while having a cup of tea. And it’s very difficult to choose between unique experiences.
Haan chai aur traveling ki baat aayi hai to kabhi kabhi insaan akela hota h, solo trip keh lo, uss waqt jab aapke aas pass human stories nahi hoti to kitaab aur gaane kaam aate hain.
My best reads which talk about tea and travel are
1. Chai Chai by Bishwanath Ghosh
2. Hot Tea Across India by Rishad Saam Mehta
These books also help when one wants to travel but really can’t due to something, they offer a good retreat while you sip that tea.
And while I come to the end of this, Favorite Cup of Tea happens to be on June 20th, 2017 at Peace Coffee House in Mcleodganj, it was raining that day and I was reading the book called Miniaturist by Kunal Basu. I had ordered Masala Chai
Ab Meri Chai Khatam, Kahani Bhi Khatam.”
The funny part here is that in the beginning, I said I do not remember my favorite cup of tea, and by the end of it, I did. Actually, I did not remember it, I wrote that story and stalked myself on Instagram looking for favorite cups of tea. My insta feed is full of pictures of books with a cup of tea or coffee. And I realized I had way too many tea and coffee stories and I ended up editing my comment and added my favorite chai experience in the above comment.
During my graduation years at Gargi college, I was a hardcore coffee person. And I have professed my love for coffee several times on this blog. And as soon as I came to post-graduation, I started falling for tea because in my post-grad, I did not get a good cup of coffee and my romance with tea began. Today, tea is my wife and coffee, is my girlfriend, a luxury which one enjoys occasionally.
It is Delhi with its winters, now it is that time of the year where you gather with your friends after office for a cup of tea in cold chilly winds and talk about pollution, winter romances, office life and adulthood. You can be 18, 23, 30 or of any age, you’ll have your issues but a plain gathering in the evening outside the metro station with a cup of tea and peanuts, life movie jaisi lagti hai yaar. Aap movie dekhne jaate ho aur popcorn khaate ho to movie ki feel aa jaati hai, sardiyon mei sadak kinaare chai aur moongfali khaate hue, zindagi ek movie jaisi lagne lagti hai.
Toh, agar aap ye padh rahe hain, aur aap mere dost hain, aur milna chahte hain, to chaliye chai piyein.
Zindagi mei bahut se gham hain, pr agar chai ki pyaali ho haath mei to aayiye, ham aapas mei hi kahaniyaan ban k har fikr ko chai k aur sardi k garma garam dhuein mei udha dein.
Abhi ye sab likhte hue, chai k upar ek aur kahani yaad aa rhi hai, but being a writer, I feel lazy and would like to procrastinate narrating that story for another time.
Neha ki Chai wali kahaniyaan, photo dekh lijiye!
- Kuch din pehle ki baat hai, maa se khafa ho gyi thi, office se chhuti leke, Haus Khas Gayi thi, Waha Tea Room Mei Baith Ke Ye chai pi aur kitaab padhi thi
- Camomile Tea @ Perch, Khan Market- Bahut hi pyaare dost se milne gyi thi. Kettle cute thi, mujhse zyada. Hehehe (Narcissism thodi kam hona chahiye)
- 2017 ki Sardiyaan, Amity ka ground, class bunk karke kitaab padhi jaa rhi thi kyunki mai class k liye 5 minute late thi aur teacher ne andar nahi aane dia, attendance meri sahi thi, mai ladhi nahi ghusne k liye
- Sirf Cup Dekhiye, Kahani Nahi
- The Immigrant Cafe, CP- Dost se mili thi, mood kharab tha uss din, din bhi atpate the, socha tha Bangla Sahib jaaungi, aalas karke, dost ko tata bye bol ke fir ussi jagah aa gyi jaha lunch kia tha, chai peene k liye.
- Mcleodganj mei Peace Coffee mei Jaake Masala Chai Pi thi. Mummy Papa k saath trip pe gyi thi, unse kaha tha, baarish ho rhi hai, kuch waqt akele rehna h, tab yaha baith k chai peete hue, akbar k mehal ki kahaniyaan padh rhi thi Kunal Basu ki Miniaturist kitaab mei
- Ye tasveer aaj ki hai, mere office k kitchen ki, hai na khoobsurat?
- Cha Bar mei chai pakode
- Ye hu mai, chai peete hue!